I can’t wait to meet everyone tonight at 6:30 pm for Open House!!! Remember to bring your supplies for the first day if possible to lighten the first day load!
I am all the way at the end of the 2/3 hallway room 208!!!
I can’t wait to see all my smart 2nd grade cookies!!!
Please take a few moments to fill out the 2nd Grade Survey so I can gain more information about you and your child before school begins!
I hope everyone is having a fantastic summer! Thanks!
Happy July 1st! I will give your child many tools that we will use every day (crayons, pencils, folders, notebooks), but I would love some help with these specialty items.
Please bring these supplies to our Open House on Thursday, August 24.
- pencil box (make sure that it can open and close easily)
- earbuds (please label with your child’s name, a piece of tape works well)
- gym shoes (kept in your child’s locker)
- 1″ binder with pockets on the inside cover
- composition notebook, wide ruled
- 1 pair of blunt child’s scissors, labeled with your child’s name
- 1 box of bandaids
Important items your child should bring to school every day.
- backpack (big enough for a lunchbox, folder, library book, and snow gear in the winter)
- filled water bottle (water only, no juice please)
- 2 healthy snacks (one for the morning and one for the afternoon… second graders get hungry!)
- Wish List Items…. (things to donate if you can to our room..just pick 1 0r 2…)
- box of graham crackers
- page protector sheets
- colored pencils
- disinfectant wipes
Thanks so much for helping your child get ready for second grade! Please email me if you have any questions. 🙂
~Ms. Yankee ( email@example.com)
It’s Summer… BOXTOPS and COKE CAPS and MORE!
- Did you know that every BOXTOP and every COKE CAP collected earns money for our school? This summer we would like you to work hard to collect both. The money we earn will go toward a basketball hoop on our K/1 playground!
- BOXTOPS: Every completed BOXTOP sheet is worth $5.00. If every child from Georgetown (approx 550) fills one sheet this summer, our school will earn $2,750. Many thanks to Lori Simpson and all of you who are on her team of BOX TOP counters, trimmers and packers. This is a great program that pays off because of all of YOU! Download your form here: Summer Box TopsCOKE CAPS: Super easy. Save the caps and go online to enter collection! COKE WEBSITE (https://us.coca-cola.com/give/) Select Georgetown Elementary and enter the code on the cap. Now you can recycle the cap. No need to send it to school.
AND…don’t forget about your FAMILY FARE/D&W receipts. Those add up too! SAVE these all summer long and
Finally…AMAZON SMILE. Order everything from AMAZON through our smile link to earn our school MONEY!
Welcome to our second grade families! I am thrilled to be making the switch to 2nd grade this year and couldn’t be more excited to teach your child! I am looking forward to a wonderful year ahead! Please make sure to register for email subscriptions (upper right hand corner of blog) which alerts you via email when our classroom blog is updated. We use the blog for classroom happenings, activities, special events and to share our learning fun.
Looking forward to the upcoming year… ENJOY YOUR SUMMER and treasure up some small moments to write about in the fall! We will post a classroom supply list during the first few weeks of July (crazy to think about).
This video highlights our year together! Boy it was hard to say goodbye Friday! There were lots of laughs, smiles, hugs and tears!! Thanks so much for supporting your child and I this year! I have loved teaching your kinder and your child will forever hold a very special place in my heart! Relax, enjoy and have a blast this summer! Woohooo to officially being 1st graders!!! Please continue to keep in touch and I wish everyone the best!
Please refer to the Summer Activity Calendar (posted under CALENDARS at the top of our blog page) for a listing of various activities and suggestions you might want to do with your child each day or refer to the paper copies sent home. I can’t wait until June 30 when it says to “write a letter to Ms. Yankee ” 🙂 I will be looking forward to these letters and plan to write back!!!
Have a fabulous summer!!! Report cards will be mailed out on June 16.
Here’s a video highlight of our final week together…