Happy Summer! Our classroom is full of materials that will help us grow as learners, but there are a few supplies that we ask children to provide if possible.
You may bring these to supplies to the Open House on Wednesday August 21 from 6:30-7:30 pm.
Here is the suggested list of materials your child will need for second grade:
- 1 pencil case (all labeled with their name with items inside): one highlighter, 2 glue sticks, a pair of blunt child’s scissors, 24 pack of crayons, 12 thin washable markers, travel toothbrush container (for storing indiv. pencils- will be provided) see example link-
- Composition Book, wide ruled
- box of dry erase markers- any size or color- to share
- Sticky Notes (3×3 size)
- A clean pair of tennis shoes for gym ( they don’t have to be new)
- A pair of earbuds/headphones labeled with your child’s name( a piece of tape on the cord works well)
- 1 game (to keep at school for the school year) your child can teach the rest of the class how to play during indoor recesses. It can be returned at the end of the year. Please write your child’s name on the box or bag.
Here are some other supplies that we use quite a bit within our classroom and would appreciate any donations. These same items will be posted on our giving tree as we get closer to the fall as well.
- Antibacterial Wipes
- hand sanitizer
- Red ink pens
- Gallon Size Ziplocs
- Sandwich size Ziplocs
- Band Aids
- Twistables Colored Pencils
- box of graham crackers
- page protector sheets
Important items your child should bring to school every day.
- backpack (big enough for a lunchbox, folder, library book, and winter snow gear)
- filled water bottle (water only, no juice please)
- 2 healthy snacks (one for the morning and one for the afternoon… second graders get hungry!)
Continue to enjoy your summer and encourage your second grader to keep a journal for recording small moment memories. This will be a huge help for your child when we begin writing this fall! Please reach out with any questions or concerns! I am getting so excited thinking about meeting all my new second graders!