March 20 – 24
Popcorn Words: as, has.
Math: We wrapped up our Unit 4 work and took our test on Friday. These tests will come home next week. In this unit we explored addition, subtraction, 3 D shapes, drawing pictures to show a story problem. I am amazed at how far these Kindergarteners have grown!!
Readers Workshop: We have finished our study on Fairy Tales. Exploring The Little Red Hen, The Three Little Pigs, Goldilocks and The Three Bears and The Three Billy Goats Gruff. The Kindergarteners talked their way through the “Shape Go Map” on each of these stories. Easily identifying the problem and talking through the solution. Learning the lesson of each story about determination and not giving up. Also being able to explore the Fiction genre. The Kindergartners also learned two sight word games with these stories. These games came home with them. Please enjoy the variation of learning sight words with these newly learned games.
We also had so much fun acting the Billy Goats Gruff story out this week with story props we created and puppets! The kinders are doing an amazing job with their retells and having so much fun!
Writers Workshop: The Kindergarteners wrote the book All About Goats this week as Informational Writers. We had a blast learning some cool, fun facts on goats- did you know goats can climb trees? and we get lots of products we eat from goats? Including goat cheese!!! We had fun trying it! We were all so brave to try it and many of us loved it!! 🙂 They will be writing their “On Demand” Informational Writing piece next week. I am confident they will shine with this upcoming task.
- On Monday we joined Mrs. Stutz’s class joined us and we were all treated to our amazing superintendent Dr. Nick Ceglarek as our Mystery Reader. Dr. Ceglarek read us the Magician’s Hat by Malcom Mitchell. Also sharing the amazing journey behind this book showing the Kindergarteners who the author was and his story. Malcom Mitchell is a wide receiver with the New England Patriots. Along with becoming a Super Bowl champion he has also become an author. Hoping that his story and his writing will inspire children to read. We loved hearing this book and having Dr. Ceglarek visit with us! Thank you for visiting with us Dr. Ceglarek!!
- Then on Wednesday we had Jasper’s mom surprise us as the mystery reader! Jasper ran up to his mom with the biggest hug!!! She read the silly, funny book, One Big Pair of Underwear. Thanks so much for visiting us!
If you would like to sign up as a reader after spring break, please e-mail me or sign up in an available slot online! Grandparents, siblings, aunts/uncles are all welcome too! I would LOVE to have someone for every child make it in by the end of the year! Thanks!
5th Grade Buddies: We were able to visit with our 5th grade buddies on Friday! We captured the beauty of the weather and had so much fun playing on the 4/5 playground! Mrs. Stutz and her 5th grade buddies from Mrs. Burdis’s class joined us too! Some of us LOVED the spinning toy….Mr. Gort was the master spinner!! WE LOVE OUR BUDDIES!!
Father/Daughter Dance pictures… came home Friday with the girls that attended with their dads… if you did not receive a picture and your daughter went please e-mail me asap! I guess they were missing a few and are checking into those! Thanks!
- Monday, March 27…Steam, Bring Take Home Book.
- Tuesday, March 28…Gym, Bring Library Book.
- Wednesday, March 29…Music, Bring Take Home Book and Word Lists’, Homework Due- last day of take home books before spring break!
- Thursday, March 30…Art, No Take Home Book readers- but please return ALL BOOKS THUR so no books are mis-placed over break, ALL K P.J. DAY!! Wear your P.J.’s or comfy clothes to school. You may bring a stuffed animal! No blankets please. And don’t forget to bring outside shoes for outside play!
- Friday, March 31 – April 7…NO SCHOOL…SPRING BREAK!
- Tuesday, May 9…Our class along with Mrs. Stutz’s class will have our Spring Field trip to Hemlock Crossing Nature Center and then Timber Town. More information will come home as our date approaches.